The 24th Infantry Division Association

Founded August 1945 on a Philippine Island beach


Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How can I obtain a copy of my DD-214 or my full military records?
A: You may use Standard Form-180 to obtain a copy of your full military records, including your DD-214. Clicking on the SF-180 link above with take you to a PDF copy of the form and all instructions for properly completing and mailing. If you use SF-180 be sure to carefully specify your records that you wish to have. I filed an SF-180 for my records in December 2010, and received a very comprehensive packet in early January 2011. This had my DD-214, medical records, where and when I served, ranks, combat, medals, etc.

You may search for all kinds of military records online at The National Archives , then click on "Launch the eVetRecs System to start your request Online."

Note: I had always thought my records burned in the St. Louis fire; apparently they did not.

Q: Many pages of this site are PDF copies; how do I use a PDF copy?
A: Using PDF copies.

Q: What is Mesothelioma?
A: Mesothelioma is a rapacious cancer that attacks the internal lining of the lungs, abdomen, and heart. More than 30 percent of Americans beset with mesothelioma were exposed to asbestos during military service. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions living veterans were exposed to toxic asbestos-containing materials during military service. Asbestos dot com offers complete information on mesothelioma & veterans, lists of occupations, ships, and shipyards that could have put our Veterans at risk for developing asbestos-related diseases. Additionally their Veterans Assistance Department offers extensive experience in filing VA claims and can help any veteran coping with mesothelioma receive benefits from the VA system.

Q: [FAQ Question]
A: [FAQ Answer]

Q: [FAQ Question]
A: [FAQ Answer]